|Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette with Crumbled Goat Cheese on Organic Baby Romaine|
If you use one of the pre-washed boxes of salad greens like I usually do, you will only need about half of the vinaigrette. It will keep in your fridge for about 3 days. You can also spread goat cheese on toasted fresh baguette and drizzle this dressing on top as an appetizer.
For the croutons – I cubed the bread (using about 1 1/2 cups), drizzled with olive oil and tossed with a generous amount of salt and pepper. I then toasted them at 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes or so. Store-bought croutons also work great, so if you just use those if you don’t feel like taking the time to make your own.
Roasted red pepper vinaigrette for a salad or it can be used to drizzle on toasted baguette with goat cheese spread on top.
10 mins Prep Time
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper - a good pinch of both
- 5 oz package of Baby Romaine or other salad greens
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a small food processor or blender, put all the ingredients in except for the olive oil (goat cheese, croutons and lettuce, of course).
- Puree everything and then add the olive oil. If you are using a blender you can use the top hole and drizzle it in. If you are using a food processor like I do you can just add it all at once and puree.
- Drizzle some over the lettuce and toss. Add more to get the amount of dressing you like. You will not need all of it on one salad.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on top and the croutons.
Leave a Reply